Internet is full of tons of websites. Getting a website helps you to interact with a large percentage of population whether you want to do marketing, share knowledge, expand business, sell products or anything. The website provides a platform to convert your ideas into reality. Once you register a website sooner or later it will be found by search engines, but getting ranked high in search engines is not an easy task. You must be wondering, how can you improve your site ranking or making it search engine friendly? Google webmaster tools help you to optimize your site for search engines.
What is Google Webmaster Tools?
A Google webmaster tool is a free service provided by Google that helps you to monitor activities on your website. Registering your website at webmaster tools helps you to understand how google view your site. Webmaster tools allows you to submit XML Sitemaps so that search engine can better understand the structure of your site by crawling through URL’s mentioned in XML Sitemap.
Don’t know XML sitemap? Checkout What is XML Sitemap and how to generate it
Following are key points for which you get data using webmaster tools and help to make your website Search Engine Optimized (SEO)
- Lists crawl errors, if Google is facing problem in crawling through your website.
- Lists how many links submitted through your website and how many links get indexed by Google
- List Queries caused your site to appear in search results
- List queries which brings more traffic to your website
- Performance of your site’s mobile version.
Don’t Know Crawling ? Check out How Google Search Engine works
Steps to submit your website to Google Webmaster Tools
Step 1 – LogIn to Google Webmaster Tools account . You can use your gmail account to login since all google services accounts connected to gmail.
Step 2 – Click on Add A Site and enter website name , you’d like to manage.
Step 3 – Google webmaster tools will ask for verification of ownership of a website . Use recommended method .
Sub-Steps to upload HTML verification file on server
- Download the HTML verification file, after that Login to your domain hosting cPanel account.
- Click on File Manager .
3. It will show a Pop-Up , select Web Root(public_html/www) option and click enter.
4. Upload your downloaded HTML file under public_html folder.
Go back to your Google webmaster tools verification page and click on link mention in third step of verification page to confirm successful upload and then click on verify.
Step 4 – Google Webmaster tools dashboard will appear, in the right side you will see Sitemap, click on it .
Click on ADD/TEST SITEMAP and submit Sitemap of your website. Google webmaster tools will take some time to show statistics for your websites.
Its done, Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Latest posts by Neeraj Kaple (see all)
- Best SEO Forums To Increase Website Traffic : A Complete List - March 20, 2016
- Google Chrome Extensions : List Of Best Chrome Extensions - March 5, 2016
- 17 Powerful SEO Strategies to Implement in 2016 - February 22, 2016