Google Chrome is widely used browser known for its speed, simplicity, security, privacy , compatibility with Plug-ins and extensions. Seven cool features about Google Chrome everyone should know, so let’s get started.
1. Built-In Google Chrome Task Manager
Google Chrome has its own task manager, which keeps tracks of how much memory each tab’s been using and displays data for other properties also like CPU usage ,Network ,Process id etc.
Navigation for Task Manager:
Click on customize and control google chromemenu icon on top right corner of browser->Tools ->Task Manager
Shortcut to open task manager :Shift+Esc
If you want to close any website, select that website and click on “End process”.
If you are interested to know how particular website uses other system parameters, just do right click by keeping the cursor inside Task manager box , select the parameters for which you want statistics.
2. Built In PDF Viewer
Google Chrome has a built-in PDF viewer enabled by default. It helps to view pdf document in browser window as well as help us to save any webpage as PDF document . I’ll show you how to save webpage as PDF document .
1. Open any website in your browser, do right click and click on Print.
2. By default it will show preview of printable page with their settings. Click on Change button
- Select option “Save as PDF “ .
- Click on Save and save the pdf on your local machine.
3. Incognito Window
Google chrome provides important feature “Incognito window”, by using this option you can browse web privately without saving certain information. It keeps chrome from storing information about your browsing and downloading ,but the websites you visit might keep track info about your visit .
Navigation to open incognito window:
Click on customize and control google chrome menu icon on top right corner of browser->New Incognito Window .
Facts about Incognito window:
- Webpages that you browse and files that you download in incognito window aren’t recorded in your browsing and download histories.
- All new cookies are deleted after you close all incognito windows that you’ve opened.
- Changes you make to your Google Chrome bookmarks and general settings while in incognito mode are still saved.
4. Convert Google Chrome into Editable Notepad
Google Chrome can be converted into editable notepad . Just enter this code in chrome address bar.
data:text/html, <html contenteditable>
You can also save data into HTML webpage form. This type of notepad will be helpful when you need to keep information for shorter period and don’t want to save it.
5. Google Chrome “Pin-Tab” Option
Google Chrome provides “Pin-Tab” feature to pin-up your favorite or most-used tab to the browser so that you don’t get confused when many tabs open in your browser. Chrome has the ability to lock your favorite or most-used tabs to the left of your browser and reduce size of tab to icon size. Most of people don’t noticed this feature, but if you know how to use it ,this feature will be useful. I’ll give you quick overview.
Open website which you want to pin-up , do right click on tab and click on “Pin Tab” option.
It will shift that tab to left of browser and you can move around with other pin tabs in order to arrange in specific manner. One of the feature of pin tab , you cannot close them accidentally because pin tab does not have ‘X’ (close option).
In order to make unpin tab , you have to right-click on it and select “Unpin Tab” tab option.
6. Retrieve Saved Password In Google chrome
For times, we save our password for email sites, social networking sites etc. so that we don’t have to remember next time when we login .But what If you forgot your saved password and want to view your password without going into chrome setting . I’ll tell you how you can do this.
1. Select whole password , do right-click on it and click on “Inspect Element” option.
- New window shown in below screenshot will open
Replace the word type= “password” by type= “text” in line highlighted under the red-box in screenshot and press enter, you will see your password in text form
7. Google Chrome Useful URL’s.
Google Chrome does store wide range of information and has assigned different URL’s to access those information . In order to retrieve all URL’s type chrome://about/ in address bar ,it will give you list of useful Google Chrome URL’s which you can use .
Latest posts by Neeraj Kaple (see all)
- Best SEO Forums To Increase Website Traffic : A Complete List - March 20, 2016
- Google Chrome Extensions : List Of Best Chrome Extensions - March 5, 2016
- 17 Powerful SEO Strategies to Implement in 2016 - February 22, 2016