The internet is a popular source to gain information, but many times while reading any journal, news or article we don’t understand the meaning or definition of complex words or the way words have been used in context then we search meaning in dictionary. Wouldn’t it be great if you get definitions of words as you browse by just double click on them. Chrome “ Google Dictionary Extension “ will do it for you. When you double click on any word on a page, a pop up will appear showing the definition of that word.
Follow below steps to use Google Dictionary Extension
Step 1 -Download the Google Dictionary Extension. Click on “Free” to add in chrome.
After successful installation of extension, you will get a screen like this.
Step 2- Open any webpage and double click on any word, you will get a definition.I clicked on word dictionary.
Note : The pop-up will not work in tabs that were open prior to installation. After installing this extension, either reload your open tabs or restart Chrome.
Another way to get a definition, Click on Google Dictionary icon at the top right corner of your browser. Enter the word and get a definition.
Step 3 -Customize settings for Google Dictionary Extension
Click on Dictionary icon on top right corner of Browser->Extension Options.
- You can change the way pop-up comes up with word definition, either you can go for “double-click a word” option or you can go for “when I select a word or phrase option”.
- You can store a history of all your looked-up words and their definitions. You can download this history as a CSV file at any time
- You can allow other Chrome extensions to access this history so that any third party extension can use the data for their benefit.
Note :Foreign words are automatically translated to your language of choice.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Latest posts by Neeraj Kaple (see all)
- Best SEO Forums To Increase Website Traffic : A Complete List - March 20, 2016
- Google Chrome Extensions : List Of Best Chrome Extensions - March 5, 2016
- 17 Powerful SEO Strategies to Implement in 2016 - February 22, 2016